Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Why I Believe

My last few posts have been about the evils of Cuffing Season. Please refer to them if you want me to elaborate on the myth that is Cuffing Season. I'm motivated to blog about something much more important tonight. Yes, I have music on the way but instead of just tweeting and faceboogering about it like I'm an idiot rapper that never does anything in real life with my music, I'm just going to record it, master it and work it with a plan I've developed. I also have shows on the way to but this isn't about that. Recently I've read posts from friends and people I know that are going through trying times, some trivial and some very serious. A couple months ago I was hit with losing income. I put a plan together and stayed afloat. Some people rap/tweet/facebooger about making things happen. Some of us do it because we're wired that way. I beat myself up over losing that money but at the same time, I wasn't happy with that source of income. It was legal but borderline depressing dealing with the legal/civil issues of others in a toxic environment. So I prayed as I always do that things will work out. Prayer alone is a nice start but God puts us in position to take advantage of his blessings. For two months despite my ex-girlfriend saying she would've crawled into a hole had it happened to her, I found income, handled business, did shows, recorded and kept praying. Were there setbacks? Minor ones like my tire exploding or finding creative ways to make beefaroni and soup. I know there are people much worse off than me so I plugged away knowing I'd succeed and that God was making a way for me. I know my spirit. Of course I hear that voice of doubt in my head and I have reasoning like any thinking adult should BUT my confidence in myself doesn't allow me to crawl into a hole and quit. That's one of the reasons I left the ex. She ain't bout that life. What I mean is, I'm going to succeed one way or another because God didn't give me tools and talent so I can just quit when things aren't ideal. I joke about being bout that life because I really am bout that life. I drove alone to Miami to promote two projects, one TNL and the other Loud & Clear at the Core DJs Retreat because I felt I HAD TO. I prayed driving through the Deep South alone with a plan to succeed. I made it to Miami and handled business. I had the confidence and my faith in God to do what I felt compelled to do. Do I want extra credit for that? No, I don't. There were times driving back I felt like an idiot for not flying but I drove to and from Miami with no problem. I kept my faith in God. I always do. When my friends say FML, I pray for them to realize God didn't let Jesus shed his blood for that. I don't beat people over the head with my religion because that's unfair to them. I just pray for them. Some people think life is supposed to be easy. Jesus didn't have it easy to sacrifice for us. Get it? Now, if you're familiar with my music or my tweets, you may be confused if you don't know me as a person. My tweets are gutter humor a lot of times but I know God has me. It's funny and people laugh at the crude truths I point out on Twitter (@duckyhines by the way). My music, TNL lastly had a lot of cheating girlfriends being my side piece, street references and bragging. Well, I have had my way with other people's women in my PAST. I kinda gave that up as a new year's resolution. The guns? I shot my first gun at 15 when I carried around my brother's Desert Eagle. True story. He didn't figure out rounds were missing until we were grown. Selling dope? I first cooked and sold crack along with powder coke when I was 12. So, before I was old enough to legally drive I was living what some of these sucker rappers talk aboutm I digress. I've coached children in basketball. I help people. I like to make people laugh and dance. I am a work in progress. I have faith I'll improve as a person but I always praise God because everything starts with Him. Why not go to church and share The Lord's teachings? I enjoy it and it makes me happy. When things get tough, always remember God wants you to endure. Jesus didn't die on Earth for nothing. His blood is for our sins and our lives. I remind myself of this a lot. Thanks. - Moolah.

No comments:

Post a Comment