Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Hardcore Moolah

I remember when I was in school one of my classmates asked me why my father didn't buy me a car despite the fact he sold cars. I told him that's my dad's business and it has nothing to do with me. He said my dad was hard on me because I caught the bus to school. I didn't have a driver's license and it was my responsibility to get a car. My dad helped me out with it to my surprise. It was my car to insure and maintain. My dad wasn't hard on me. He was firm with me. My dad meant what he said and showed me how to be a man's man by example. I remember my dad saying my brother was hard on my nephew. My brother was kinda tough on my nephew but he taught my nephew man shit. Now that my brother has passed on, I'll continue the job with my nephew. My nephew is a teenager but I see traits in him I'm proud of. My uncles are all men of honor. Certain things are expected and aren't to be compromised. You don't let people run over you or mark you out. You don't compromise what you work for as a man for bullshit. A former associate told me I'm hard on another former associate because the former associate wasn't on man shit. At any given time I would've broken that former associate's face in half for being a snake. Out of kindness I didn't whoop his ass. Those former associates didn't get I was raised to be tough and live devoid of bullshit. I earned things. I worked hard and smart to reach goals. I will share what I have to a certain extent if you're with me 100%. If you're not with me, I go on about my business. I've heard I'm hard on women. I'm really not hard on women. I just have expectations I want out of a wife. A girlfriend is temporary. I'm grown now. Girlfriends are something I had a few years ago. If I don't see queen-like qualities in a woman, I just can't make her a top priority. Harsh? Maybe but it's clear and concise. I will treat every woman I like fairly in a gentlemanly way. Doesn't mean I'll introduce every woman I meet to my family. I've taken the hard road and done things I don't like for what I want out of life. I expect anyone close to me to be willing to do the same for what they want. My father wasn't hard on me. He raised me to make something of myself and be a man's man. Maybe I might be harder on some people than others but I'm honest. A couple good people I know are harsh with me and vice-versa. Our friendship with each other works because of that harsh honesty. My biggest thing is being understood and respected. It's simple but that's what I want. I have been through some things and am much happier. My depression is suppressed now. I went through some harsh shit. I'm happy. Thanks, Dad and Happy Father's Day. You made me a man's man that knows what he wants out of life. The other day I changed my tire. All my dad had to do was take me to the tire shop. He was proud I had everything set up to go. He met my tire guy and was proud I helped him out with a business venture. I think I'm who ai always wanted to be. I couldn't get here being spoiled and hard-headed. The harshness of what I've been through and a lot of prayer got me here. Praise God. - Moolah

No comments:

Post a Comment