Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Community

So I rocked a show in Chicago last night. The heads in Chicago really welcomed my crew and showed us love. They didn't even know we came up to do the show from St. Louis until I said something about and they looked at my Cardinals cap. We represented and came back to the crib. I get back and my battle emcee friends are going back and forth about who's the nicest. My homies with established fanbases are talking about unity and I'm on the same page. The way it used to be was politics and bullshit as usual. Now it's about the music, bringing something to contribute to the table and not being a douchebag. If your business is good we'll fuck with you but no matter how good your music is now, we won't fuck with you. I love the sense of community we have in St. Louis now. People are collaborating and fucking with each other based off the quality of music being created here. Anybody trying to shine while ostracizing the rest of the scene here gets outcasted. That's the way it should be. We're all trying to get to the top but at the same time be good people in the process. So, the upliftment of our musical and civic community is the focus as well as getting paid. Praise God. Moolah.

1 comment:

  1. *no matter how good your music is and you're a douche or a dickhead, we won't fuck with you.

    ReplyDelete