Sunday, March 27, 2011

This Ish Right Heeeerrreee!!!

Right now I'm sitting in a library in Frontenac watching The Show on YouTube and shit like that. It brings me back to what Hip-Hop was when I was younger. This isn't about how people say Hip-Hop was better back then. There were corny mufuckas back then just like it is now. It was just a must that the best of the best went hard at their craft. They also talked about how fucked up the "Rap Industry" is. It seems like most Hip-Hop docs with show footage and performance footage sees even the top dogs complaining about the same shit: labels fuck up, management be on some bullshit, other artists are liars and the same shit going on. The difference is they persevered and made it to the top of "The Game". I fucking hate that term. people say they the hottest in "The Game" and all that bullshit. With the money, time, energy, effort and heart put into this shit it is not a fucking game. It's serious shit and some of us take it more seriously than others because for some, it's all they have. Luckily for me I have a college degree and a nice resume as well as some street knowledge but I take this shit seriously. For some of us it's life and death trying to make it in the Hip-Hop Music Industry as either a performer, producer, manager, videographer or whatnot. Sometimes peoples' feelings get hurt because they feel slighted or money situations are fucked over but that's common shit in "The Game". I invest a lot in it because I love it and I'm serious about it. The people I deal with, friends and/or business associates are serious about it to so that's what it is. - Moolah

No comments:

Post a Comment